Cupping is a technique whereby a vacuum is created in a cup, drawing the skin up into the cup and separating the layers of superficial fascia. The suction draws the blood to the level of the skin, creating a vacuum below the skin. This causes new blood to rush in below, removing stagnation and possibly resulting in cupping marks.
A cupping mark is thought to be caused by the release of dead static blood, lymph, cellular debris, pathogens and toxins to the surface of the skin. Cupping marks are not painful and range in intensity from no mark at all to dark purple, lasting from 1-8 days.
Benefits of Cupping Massage:
- Pain relief
- Increases suppleness to stiff tendons and muscles
- Movement of lymph
- Increases synovial fluid to the joints
- Improves range of motion
- Increases circulation and detoxification to the area
- Range of treatment options from gentle to deeper
Therapeutic Hot Stone Massage
Hot stone massage involves the use of smooth basalt or jade stones that are heated in hot water. The stones are held by hand and used to massage. This allows the therapist to get deeper into the muscles without more pressure, helping the client to relax even further.
Benefits of Hot Stone Massage:
- Relieves muscle tension
- Better joint mobility and flexibility
- Improves circulation
- Relieves chronic pain, including fibromyalgia, arthritis and multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Enhances sleep
Please note until further notice, Reagan is not accepting new clients